Saturday, 18th September 2021
A great day was had at the Llanwern Golf Club for the 2021 Charity Day, raising money for the Welsh Air Ambulance, the choirs nominated charity for 2021.
Thirty golfers turned up for a day on the fairways, with eight teams taking part in the ‘Texas Scramble’ format event. The winning team were a team of Dewstow Old Boys including chorister Robert Brown, John Nesbitt, Chris Orum and his son Jonathan. Second place were the ‘Powell Family’, including chorister Ron Powell, Lee Powell and Carl Powell. Third place was taken by a team from the Nomads Golf Society, which included James Farley, Steve Bunn, Andy Murphy and Darren Collier.
The day raised £379 for the charity, many thanks to everybody who intended, especially those from outside the choir some having travelled many miles to attend.
- Dewstow Old Boys – Robert Brown, John Nesbitt, Chris Orum, Jonathan Orum – 58.3
- Powell Family – Ron Powell, Carl Powell, Lee Powell – 59
- Nomads Golf Society 1 – James Farley, Steve Bunn, Andy Murphy, Darren Collier – 61
- Nomads Golf Society 2 – Derek Freeman-Jones, Dave Pavey and Simon Howlett – 61.3
- Choir 3 – Alyn Dawe, Dave Hennesy, Paul Thomas, Steve Davies – 65.9
- Choir 1 – David Gould, Andy McDonnell, Ross McDonnell, Maurice Penny – 66.1
- Choir 4 – Tony Griffiths, Leon Jones, Alun Harris, Karl Gregory – 66.2
- Choir 2 – Darren Lloyd, Ben Lloyd, Mark Antell, Peter Fagan – 69.2
- Longest Drive (6th hole) – Jonathan Orum
- Nearest the Pin (2nd hole) – Paul Thomas
- Nearest the Pin (18th hole) – Darren Collier